Instagram

Instagram @skeletales

Sunday

Hong Kong (18-22 August '13)

My long awaited hongkong trip! I think my classmates and I planned it in February or March. Okay, so maybe I didn't wait thaaaaaat long for it but it does feel like ages to me. We set off in the wee hours of Sunday, 18 August. All three of us were so excited and I was slightly sleep deprived because I couldn't pack my luggage until the night before, of course,  like the usual me.

We reached the airport in hongkong at about 12 noon and waited for my friend's sister until about 1. Then we went to our hotel, which is Cosmo Mongkok. The view from our room is spectacular! Just look at it! I fell in love within the first few seconds!

They were all taken on different days.

We then ate Tim Ho Wan, of course right? How can we miss it. It was really good because Hongkong has the freshest and sweetest prawns ever, yummmmmmmm. Then we walked around the shopping centre near our hotel, Olympian Centre, for a bit before moving on to Mongkok streets for the night market;
Just look at the sight!


On the second day, we had breakfast bright and early in the morning at Australian Dairy Company because that was a very popular breakfast spot and it tasted pretty good. Afterwards we headed to Tsim Sha Tsui.
Look at the view of Hongkong Island!
And also McDull at Avenue of Stars.

Afterwards, I went off to meet Christy and Shannon from tumblr at Causeway Bay. That quickly became one of my favourite place to shop at in Hongkong. Then I went to explore Central on my own. I walked from Tsuen Wan, to Central, to Hongkong station. It was really tiring but I had a really great time. I ate at Honolulu Cfe and walked all around Queen's Road.


On the third day, we went to Central's H&M before going to Ocean Park because there was a closing sale and everything had an additional 30% off wahahha.

View from the cable car, gorgeous much!?

Ocean Park was a little disappointing though. The rides weren't as exhilarating as we thought it would be. Even this 20 storey high ride, which we were so excited for wasn't speedy enough for us to feel a tinge of fear. Maybe a little because of how high it was but then it went downhill from there.

Plus, there were so many people and the queues were so long. We ended up queueing at the single-rider line so as to avoid wasting our time there. There were also many many rude and annoying people who would talk at obnoxiously loud levels, push you aside or against your back throughout the queue, and also cut your queue ugh. Just the thought of them annoy me pffft.
The best part of Ocean Park were the animals! I only caught a photo of the penguins because I was too engrossed at how cute they were to take many photos.
This penguin was just standing there posing for all of us haha.

When we finally left Ocean Park, we were dragging our feet around because we did so much walking. Ocean Park is seriously huge, and there were also many slopes omg. We ate the famously delicious wanton noodles at Ho Hung Kee before calling it a night;


On the fourth day, we ate breakfast at the best cha chan teng ever; Kaw Wah. Their milk tea is seriously the best mik tea on earth. It's so yummy I got addicted to it after the first sip. Then of course we couldn't not eat bo luo bun with it. Best breakfast ever!
Do not belittle their food okay, I still dream about it now *drools*

We went to Wong Tai Sin, where I was palm-read. The person said I'm very stubborn, have trust issues, dare show people that I absolutely dislike them, is easily distracted, and needs to be more determined and not be afraid of failure and hard work. Have got to agree with him on all of the above ha.
Festival Walk Mall was the most boring mall ever, seriously. We then went to China Hong Kong at Tsim Sha Tsui, then to Causeway Bay, ate the tastiest ramen (Hide-Chan Ramen; it can so fight with Clarke Quay's Marutama Ramen which I think is the best) at Central (funny how they are both at central, okay lame) and headed over to Victoria Peak. The view was pretty nice but I think it's disappointing how the one at our hotel is better lol. We then walked along Tung Choi Street and bought some souvenirs before heading back to the hotel.


It was finally the last day; all of us were so sad!! :(
We ate brunch at One Dim Sum, which was super disappointing. How can it be one michelin star seriously. If given the choice, we wouldn't have awarded it to the place pfft. We went to Excelsior at cwb to buy portuguese eggtarts, yum! Then to Central to buy Tai Cheong's custard eggtarts, before heading over to the airport. After shopping around at the airport, it was time to head home. I was so not prepared for my trip to end.
I really do miss Hongkong so much. I want to go back already sobs. Everything there is amazing! I especially love how old school the buildings look, yet how convenient everything is. I could stay there forever! Plus I love listening in to all the Cantonese being spoken around me.

2 comments:

  1. Great that you have enjoyed it ;) let me know when you visit Hong Kong next time! I can offer local suggestions *wink wink*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will try to remember that!! If you ever come to Singapore, I'll be happy to offer you suggestions too :D

      Delete